1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sterling bullet/ Dodge 5500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by GMCHD plower, Dec 30, 2009.

1. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone have pic's of their sterling bullets/ Dodge 5500's set up for plowing.

2. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Not yet....Planning on building one once I sell my GMC6500. It will have a 8611, Stellar Hook lift and hopefully a Ebling Back blade if I can afford it.

My 3500 pushes great the 5500 must be really good.

3. GMCHD plower

Once i'm older (only 14 now) my dream work truck is a 4500 reg cab bullet with the short wheel base and dump. With a 9'6" extreme v and 3.3 yrd downeaster hydraulic spreader.

4. crash444

crash444 Member

The town next to us has a bullet set up with an all season body a wing and a 10' one way plow. pretty nice set up for village streets to bad they could of bought a nice single axle dump truck for the same price set up with plows for the same price they got in to the bullet. i will try to get some pictures of it.

5. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

IMO don't buy a 4500 get the 5500 for the 2000lb higher GVWR There is no cost difference and you get a little beefier truck.

6. GMCHD plower

No price differnce? Really? Thank you very much for the advice I thought there would be alot or atleast some price differnce.

7. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

Truckpaper.com has a bunch of 4500 and 5500 SSB's listed - the $$$ varies a lot as people hang all sorts of stuff off them, but the base stock models seem to run about $40K for the 5500 and about $30K for the 4500.

8. pyro29

pyro29 Member

FYI - Sterling is NO LONGER selling NEW (Dodge) cab/chassis, only what is currently on dealer lots and then they are gone. Sterling has officially gone out of the light / medium duty chassis business, per my local Sterling dealer (Hartford, CT)

9. GMCHD plower

The dodge 5500 is basicly the same truck as the bullet correct?

10. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

This is what $50,000 will get you!
    photo[1].jpg

photo[1].jpg

11. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

IMO there are more 4500's available for purchase right now so they are cheeper It is very tough to find 4x4 5500's right now and the ones that do have them want more $$.