1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stepping in to introduce myself!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by DSLND, Nov 11, 2007.

1. DSLND

DSLND Senior Member

Hey Guys,

I've been a member here for a while, just thought i would introduce myself.

My name is Mitch, and i'm fourteen years old, and own my own company, DreamScapes Landscaping. I started when i was ten, mowing my neighbors yard and things have grown a lot since then!

I get my driver's permit in February, allowing me to drive with an adult (mainly grandma, she's my #1 driver). Its getting to the point in my business where i NEED a truck. So right now, i am looking for the truck i've always wanted: a 95-2000 Chevy/GMC K2500 with less than 100k miles. Next season, i plan on putting an 8' Western on it, and start plowing a little with an adult/employee with me. I've always wanted to plow, and am very excited that the time will be here.... soon!

Here is the link to pictures of my equipment: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=197450

Thanks for reading!

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

:waving: Hi Mitch:waving:
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Hi Mitch, I seen your Post on Lawn Site aswell, Keep up the Good Work.
  4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Wait Since Your only 14, Using :drinkup: this smile is out of the ??

You better not be looking at Grandviews Post, and the Calendar Girls !!!!!:rolleyes:
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome. You'll learn alot about your future plow truck here. Good luck.
  6. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

welcome to plowsite. Congrats on being sucessful at the ripe age of......14?

7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

nice equipment you got. all looks in good shape. :salute:
  8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Hey Mitch...welcome to the site. Wish you the best of luck in your job future. Too bad more kids your age aren't as motivated as you are. :salute:
  9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Hi Mitch:waving: Welcome. Hope you find a good truck soon!
  10. DSLND

DSLND Senior Member

Thanks for the nice comments!

I found a truck i am calling on tomorrow, and could potentially get! VERY EXCITED!!!

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

first rule of thumb when buying a vehicle is try not to fall in love with anything right off the bat, take you're time and dont jump on the first truck you see just because you get excited. make sure to have it checked by a mechanic then go from there.

Good luck in your business ,you seem to be doing very well for a 14 year old.
  12. DSLND

DSLND Senior Member

Thanks! I've learned not to jump when i see something. I've been in and out of places ALL year so far this year, and i'm finally finding deals. I'm very specific in my questions i ask sellers, trying to not buy myself a POS!

13. topdj

topdj Senior Member

amazing for a 14 year old to be this motivated, I wasnt :)
  14. mmplowing

mmplowing Member

Damn that is impressive...way to go. With all the money you will be raking in the women will be soon to follow :)
  15. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Welcome:waving: Sit back and enjoy.:drinkup:
  16. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i did that and had the power steering pump go out the first night i had it that was a nice $450 repair bill the 2nd day of owning my new truck.

but anyways welcome to the site Mitch. :waving:

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

yeah i know the feeling, lol i speak form experiance as well :)
  18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

That would stink, luckily my truck has been pretty good too me so far.