1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Step for tailgate

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LwnmwrMan22, Mar 4, 2008.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Anyone know of anything that you could hook onto your tailgate, so when you open it, a step comes out at well??

Something like a rope ladder (although I'd like something more sturdy) so when I have to get up in the truck to move salt bags back, or pull the blower back because it slid up, whatever.

Seems like it's hard, not to mention the corner of the bumper gets slick, when you've got long underwear, lined jeans and a heavy coat when you're out plowing at -15, -20.

Even at the warmer temps, that corner can be slick with the boots on.

Anyone got an idea what I'm talking about?

2. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Is this what your thinking about? All you have to do is buy a new truck...lol...seriously, if you have some welding skills you could probably make something to bolt on similar to this...

08F-350_SDStep_e[1].jpg

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I was going to say the same thing, the new gmc/chevy's have that option (at least i think those are the guys that came out with it).

I solved that problem this year by removing my tailgate. I built a frame that holds my salt in place and the snow blower from sliding around. The signs I have provide a handle to grab onto as i climb up into the back of the truck, the tailgate salter does not leave room for a step.

4. davink

davink Member

stylin' concepts

I think that I saw it in Stylin Concepts mag. Maybe it was J.C. Whitney Cat. - I will see if I can find it. But anyway, it is a step similar to the factory one that is pictured, but it bolts onto the inside of the gate, folds flat to the gate when closed and opens up and hangs over when the gate is open.
    I was thinking about getting it myself, but I did not like the idea of drilling into my truck gate. Hope that helps - if I find which mag it was I will let you know:)

5. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here