1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Steiger 535

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Tractor Plower, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xsMf_8sJkY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xsMf_8sJkY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

3. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

i know for a fact that it is not photoshoped, I drive by the Grouser plant everyday here in good old home town West Fargo ND and see those blades mounted on the front of those STX's. The Case IH plant is located about 5 miles to the east of the grouser plant so alot of them come right over from there and get a blade mounted on them.

P.S, why when ever I try to view a youtube video now days it says "were sorry, but this video is no longer avalable." anyone else have this problem? do i need to change a setting on my computer? I know everyone else can see them but I cant?? WTF

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I bet that tractor is used by the power plant in the background to push coal around.

No way anyone would use that for snow.. But coal is something else.

J.

5. pldann86

pldann86 Member
    from LI NY

P.S, why when ever I try to view a youtube video now days it says "were sorry, but this video is no longer avalable." anyone else have this problem? do i need to change a setting on my computer? I know everyone else can see them but I cant?? WTF

6. m.williams

m.williams Member

OMG I Need one! haha It would cut costs in half and double the profit, lol perfect for driveways. XD

7. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I see itbut still find ithard to believe that it does not lose traction with all the weight in front any nothing in the rear. Unless they are using the diff lock and then you are not supposed to turn.

8. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

can you imagine what it cost to replace the tracks on that thing. thats a monster

9. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Im not sure, cause i cant view the video for some reason, but im asuming were talking about a stx. It might have a rear weight package on it. Sometimes they can be hard to see cause there tucked down back behind the fuel tank. You can add thousands of pounds back there,

10. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

It's around 10,000 per track depending on what tracks you buy. But as a general rule we see it as 40000 per machine.

11. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

It's an stx 535. I am unsure as to where you are going to add that weight underneath the machine in the rear unless you are adding it to the hitch box. Under the fuel tank at least on ours is out of the question.

12. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

10$ per driveway aint gonna get that to happen!!!

13. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I also know for a fact that the ride on pavement is going to be a rough one. I woulden't want to be the one operating it.

14. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

try driving a D6 down the highway and then get back to us on ride qualities

15. sgtsampay

sgtsampay Junior Member
    from Maine

Wow that thing is huge!! Its s monster!!

16. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

what happens when u didnt see the car cause u cant see over or threw the blade all that well

17. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Been there, done that. No thanks. Quad rides better but not by much

18. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

IDK but if it slippery enough to need diff lock you probably wont hurt it turning

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If the blade had steel trip it would be good for snow but the way it is it's only good for gravel. Cool looking though.

20. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Slight turns are ok but our dealer mechanic (which is married to one of our operators) says its hard on the hydo pump to turn really sharp. your better off to lock only the rear tracks and not all tracks unless you are going to be going straight.

IDK I have to go by what he tells us and what the boss wants.