1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Steering U-joint rebuild

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Davis TLC, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Davis TLC

Davis TLC Junior Member

Looking for some info on rebuilding the U-joint on the steering column at the power steering pump. There is a lot of play in mine, I have the new parts just looking for any help in putting this thing back together. I have searched the web but I have not found any info on this subject.

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

3. Davis TLC

Davis TLC Junior Member

Next time

Thanks for the link Bill. Next time I have to do this I'll go there and order one from them. The sucker was pretty tight on turning at first but is starting to limber up now. I did fill it full of grease and also put grease on all part surfaces before assembly. The only problem was this is not a one man job, you sure need more than one set of hands to get it back in.

4. Jim Gaudioso

Jim Gaudioso Junior Member

borgeson

Ive installed at least 10 of their steering shafts for dodge's. They are bullet proof.

5. Davis TLC

Davis TLC Junior Member

I figure this one may last a year or so, and then I'll get the Borgeson.