1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Steering to the right problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Rob Stamper, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Rob Stamper

Rob Stamper Junior Member
    from Germany

I have a '97 Silerado. About 8 months ago I had it in the shop because if you turn the wheel to the right it will go 1-2 inches and then completely give about 1/4 turn. I live in Germany and don't have a "real" Chevy guy. So the man that we are to use said it was the steering sensor which he replaced. It was fine for a little while. So now it's doing it again and he says that it has to have a complete alignment before he will look at it. So we take it in for the alignment and this guy (not the same) says that we are completely missing a pitman arm and the idler arm needs replacing. He also says that our extended warranty is void since we did not keep proper maintenance on the truck...which we did to an extent. So he replaces the pitman and idler arms for almost $500 and supposedly does an alignment. Well, the truck still pulls to the right and the problem w/ turning to the right is still the same. Does anyone have any idea what is going on w/ my truck. Thanks alot. Rob