1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by captshawn, Nov 19, 2015.

1. captshawn

captshawn Senior Member

Ok got a 2012 CC F250 and it has a 3" lift on it. When I put the plow on it drops a little but not much if I had to guess about 1" or slightly more. The weird thing is when driving down the road my steering wheel is turned to the left so a slight pull to the right. You don't really have to fight it in fact if you let go it's just a slight pull to the right even though the wheel seems to be turned a fair amount off center..Any ideas? Almost like weight of the plow creates like a bump steer and throws alignment out. Thinking about adding Timbrens or air bags to hold it more level when the plows on?
  2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Steering wheel off with the plow off? You need an alignment if so
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

A lift, you need a aliment.
  4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

What kind of lift did you get, just coil spacers or a "real" lift with springs, track bar drop bracket, steering arm drop and new trailing arms or trailing arm drop brackets?

Once you get over 2" the suspension / steering geometry needs to be dealt with otherwise bump steer is a problem due to the wheel caster angle is out of spec. IMO it's probably always been a problem but the weight of the plow makes it very noticeable.

Have the truck's alignment checked.
  5. captshawn

captshawn Senior Member

Honestly I know nothing about the lift. I recently bought the truck and it already had it installed. Now that I pay attention the wheel is slightly off with a slight pull to the right without the plow and putting the plow in magnifies it.
  6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I put a two and a half coil spacer kit on mine it required a track bar relocation bracket
  7. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Right on the money--
    I bought a truck with a half a@& 6" lift, would change lanes on a bump. Put in a drop pitman arm to bring steering geometry back to normal. No more bump steer.