1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Steel vs. Poly V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by White Baron, Oct 3, 2006.

1. White Baron

White Baron Junior Member
    from detroit

I'm leaning towards the new poly V. Does anyone have a poly and have any regrets or good advice.
    Thanks in advance....

2. jryden145

jryden145 Member

We have both a poly v and a steel v. The steel is 3 years old and the poly is 4 and to be honest they both seem to be holding up just fine. The steel still had all the paint, and the poly is a little scratched up but still sheds the snow fine. Just one suggestion, make sure if you getting a V you get the smart lock rams.

J

3. aplow4now

aplow4now Junior Member

steel vs poly

whats a smart lock ram?

4. jryden145

jryden145 Member

Smart lock ram is an option from boss that is i think a must for back blading. They dont alow the wing to flop around while back blading, they lock as soon as there is pressure from the snow pulling on them. I hope that explains it, if not im sure there is someone else on here that can explain it alittle bettet

5. boss872

boss872 Junior Member

Poly V

After running poly straight and V blades for several years .There was no thinking about ever going back to the steel versions.We pound these plows HARD and the only thing you will notice is that the decal comes off almost right away.If you do buy the plow steel or poly get the smart lock cylinders so you can back drag without the wings folding out on you.

6. GA73

GA73 Member

just bought a poly. my last plow was three years old and missing most of the paint. it came off in big chunks.
    the only down fall is that poly is a little heavier plow.
    also the loggers around here have them. they pound the crap out of them with no problems

7. White Baron

White Baron Junior Member
    from detroit

Thanks for your help. Just bought the 9 2 poly v with the smart locks.