1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Steel to Poly?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by IA Farmer, Dec 21, 2005.

1. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I am wondering if anyone sells just a poly moldboard, I am wanting convert my 7'6'' steel pro plow into a poly. If so about how much would that be.

Thanks Kenny
  2. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

part# 62400 (7.6 pro-poly moldboard)list $ 1317.24

p.s. it comes with rubber deflector!!
  3. 78W200

78W200 Member

A gut I work with called a Meyer dealer yesterday to get a price on a 7.5 foot poly mold board. They quoted him a price of 800 bucks. :cry: He decided he did not need it after all.
  4. phishoook

phishoook Member

What about those poly shields you put over the steel? I think they sell for about $60.
  5. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Thanks guys I guess I didn't realize that the moldboard has quite that expensive I may look for a used one.

Thanks Kenny
  6. 78W200

78W200 Member

Just out of curiosity,why are you wanting to switch to a poly blade? If it is a weight issue I'm pretty sure most ploy blades weigh more because of the extra bracing.
  7. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

My plow must sit outside due to not having room in the garage, plow abuse I know. So it rusts very quickly, I do keep it covered with a tarp but that doesn't seem to prevent any rust. I do think however that the tarp would protect a poly plow from sun fading. Thats really the only reason and I like the look a little better with the black bracing. I called my local Western dealer and they want $1050 for it, so I will prolly just repaint my steel.

Thanks for the help, Kenny
  8. racer0175

racer0175 Member

just repaint it, and paint the bracing black :)

i'm pretty sure you would have to add 2 more angle iron supports for the poly blade, i'm not sure cause i'm not looking at my plow right now...but i know there are more supports for the poly than the steel...

what you would need is an entire used poly moldboard...
  9. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I have some yellow poly that I could be persuaded to part with. It is 3/8 thick and its yellow. I have 6, 7.5 and 8 footers, Pm me if your interested....Rob