1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Steel-Poly-Rubber cutting edge

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Boutallnite, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Yes, I know there are other threads on this topic, but I am sure one more will not hurt anyone.

I have a Snoway St and need to change my cutting edge. I had the steel one from the factory. I do all residential work, and have cut down my work load to about 10 - 15 driveways. One of which is all pavers and lots of them, it is my biggest account, the rest of my accounts are regular driveways. I did fine with it last year, just by keeping the blade little of ground.

I keep hearing that the poly lasts longer than steel and performs almost the same. The Snoway dealer is suggesting I go with the Rubber, because of the account with the pavers, but I am not sure of the performance and life of a rubber cutting edge. Not sure what I should get, but need to get something fast.

Any suggestions or if you had any experience with either a rubber or poly vs steel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx alot to all.
    Its almost here, I can smell it I mean

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Rubber will probably not scrape well at all. I'd go with the poly edge if I were you. Just the fact that it runs quieter is enough for me. It does scrape well though, and might not last quite as long as a steel edge, but it treats obstacles nicer.