1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

steel frames

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by cat320, Jan 7, 2011.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I was thinking of getting this product but bad dealers in my area and the fact that they they had a demo from last season that the frame looked like crap from rust and no this was a non working demo they had .the body may be Polyethylene construction but the frame is not and what ever they coat it with is not worth the amout of money i think they are getting . i think part of the feature is it will not rust but it does. why aren't they hot dipped in galveanzied for that kind of money i can't beilve that they can't do it for the same price ?

2. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

We have considered galvanized and stainless frame options, but they would bring up the cost from our current powder coated products. After much discussion, we’ve determined that most people would rather go with a powder coat than pay an extra premium for a different type of frame. Thanks.

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

well that must of been a bad paint job on the one that that i saw it really discorage me from buying considering it was never used. instead of powder coating why not linex the frame instead? pluse what kind of dealers do you have in my area? in stoneham ma?

4. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Please feel free to call 1-800-SALTERS if you’d like to discuss your concerns, and we can help figure out what might work best for you. Otherwise, here are a couple dealers in your area that you could talk to:

Dyar Sales
    North Reading, MA

R.E.P. Enterprises
    Greenland, NH