1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Steel Flatbed

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by RONK, Dec 13, 2009.

1. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

I have an 05 2500 pickup,regular cab,8' bed,SRW,I'm interested in putting a steel flatbed on it,either with a hoist or not,any manufacturers you can suggest?I think I remember reading some time ago that the 05 had a higher frame and it may be more dificult to put a flatbed on it,is this true?If I went with a custom flatbed could a few inches of the rear frame be cut off to have a little shorter truck?Thanks for the help.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

flat bed

i like knapheide and Omaha standard ,you only have the length behind the rear spring hangers available to cut off .better decide what you want first ,hoist or no hoist ,you have to be able to have a place to put the rear pivot and the spring hangers get in the way ,unless you go with a sub frame hoist .but then the mounted height goes up ! :salute:

3. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Bradford built flatbeds are very nice to i had one on my 02 3500 dodge and loved the thing