1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

steel cutting edge?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 512high, Jan 19, 2010.

1. 512high

512high Senior Member

Hi again,

I have two questions, 1st. i have a 6'9" fisher plow on our 99 toyota tacoma(no frame rot...........yet), and since new it came with fisher's poly cutting edge, my dealer in NH said, if you put a steel one on it could cause some welding to break, etc.

Is this a line of crap? or is there truth to it?

last question, not sure if i'm in the right forum for it... SNOW-Ex mini-pro 575 tailgate unit, bought used for $250.00, runs perfect, no owner's manual....digital read out in cab goes from 10-99(99 being high speed), do these numbers represent feet? reading 30 would be what?

thanks!

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

When I ran Toyotas (down to one now) we put steel edges on all the plows. 1/2"x 6" the extra weight was good for the light plow. We had a steel shop punch the holes 1/2" and then drilled out the plow holes to 1/2". Don't go wider then 6" or you will mess up the geometry. Not sure about extra abuse. The plows held up for years usually the face rusting through before any welds broke.

You will be amazed at how much better they scrape.