1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Steel cutting edge on an LD Fisher MM2?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jcf, Nov 28, 2008.

1. jcf

jcf Junior Member

I have called 2 dealers... Both are unsure. Will a steel cutting edge from a 7 1/2 HD plow fit on my 7 1/2 LD plow without modifying the bolt hole pattern or doing any fabrication? Thanks in advance.

2. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I don't believe fisher has ever changed the bolt pattern of a 7 1/2 cutting edge. I bought a cutting edge for an old 7.5 this year and it was the same as the new one.

Best thing to do is measure you're bolt patter and ask the dealer to measure when you purchase.

3. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Yes it will, i think the only thing you have to do is the plastic cutting edge has to be left on.

4. jcf

jcf Junior Member

Thanks for the replies. I found a parts schematic for the LD online. The part number for the 7 1/2" cutting edge is the same part for all 7 1/2" plows, so I picked it up today.

5. charlie8370

charlie8370 Junior Member

did you put steel over the poly or just the steel?

6. zeek

zeek Member

The poly edge sucks...leaves a base...why do you have to leave the poly one on when you put the steel one on?

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

No need to leave the poly edge on.

8. svt2205

svt2205 Member

Excuse my ignorance here, but what is the advantage to a steel edge over the standard poly that's on the SD/LD series? I've had 2 of these plows so far and wonder if the performance of the plow might improve with a steel edge.

Thanks

9. zeek

zeek Member

Took my poly off and installed a new steel edge for the last couple of storms this year. All i can say is WOW, scrapes clean and leaves no base now, wish i would have change it in the beginning of the year......

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

All Fisher 7.5' plows use the sme bolt pattern and it is the same bolt pattern as Meyer so buy whichever edge is cheaper.

11. zeek

zeek Member

I thought the same thing.....but the meyer was off about 1/8" when I tried to bolt it up.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Rare but use a ream to aline the holes. that will fix you right up.