1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stay with tired UniMount or step up to an Ultra ??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by desmato, Jan 11, 2010.

1. desmato

desmato Junior Member

Guys, here's my dilema ..... I have an older (~12years) Unimount 8' pro on my '05 dodge using the BIG sloppy conversion bracket. My issue is that all the pivots, pins, bolts, holes etc. are all loose/worn, pump will probably need a rebuild, may need a new motor and all parts need striped/painted. I have the opportunity to purchase a near perfect 2005 vintage 8' Ultra pro with all new harnesses, brackets, etc. for a great price which would eliminate all the slop, repairs and my need to totally restore the current one this spring.

I am asking everyone's opinion of the Ultra vs. Unimount. I know how hard I am on "old reliable" and have read of some problems with quality on the new stuff. should I just stay with what I have or "step up" ?

My jobs are all residential: 4 gravel/dirt roads (from 1000' to .6 miles) & 12-13 drives (3 paved)

Todd

2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Step it up. If that's all you do, and you break it, you need to re-evaluate yourself, not the plow and mount.

3. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Make the jump, you wont be disappointed. Except in the wallet, pricey!!

4. desmato

desmato Junior Member

Well, it's done. at least the purchase of the new (used) plow. It's 1 year old and in perfect condition. now I get to remove/install wiring and change the fluid. AND sell the old one