1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stay away from Winter services

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jimspro, Oct 24, 2014.

1. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

Any of you thinking of hooking up with Winter Services in Wisconsin, I would think again. We were subcontracting with them for the past 5 winters and they are getting worse. We are not going back this year. At least 4 or 5 times last winter they would call me in the early eve, most time before the snow started and tell me to have my guys and trucks on site by midnight, the to call me at 10 min to 12 and say have them hold off for a while. The problem is the accounts we did for them is a 30 plus minute drive in good weather, more in a storm. and the refused to pay me for my guys time going there then calling them off. Additionally we were called to do special assignments and when we got there, the lots were being done with there own trucks. They did pay pretty good, but I would think again before hooking up with some non professional folks like them

2. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

I'm on the other side of the border and haven't heard of them. Its never good to lose work. Well, most times its not.. Hope you find two better accounts to take their place.

3. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

its better to hit the streets and do foot work to get your own lots . alleviate the snow broker middleman fees and nonsense:nod: