1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stay away from Big O Tires!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Army Vet, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Army Vet

Army Vet Member

Got a new set of tires put on the truck. Then with in 300 miles I have 4 broken studs and the tire came flying off. Called the store and they refused to do anything about it. Not even a sorry for that happening. So I ended up putting in 8 new studs and lug nuts myself. Just warning everyone about them.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Of course you checked them after 50 miles,right?

3. Army Vet

Army Vet Member

I took it back to them at 100 miles as they said to. He went out and "checked" them and said they were good to go!

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You don't really think the tires caused the broken wheel studs do you?

How old is your truck?

5. Army Vet

Army Vet Member

The ones that were broken were at 100% clean new break. When I checked the lugs they were at 200ft lbs.. They are suppose to be at 150 ft lbs huge difference. While I understand a plow is hard on all trucks new or not. The over tightening add to plowing is for sure what caused the failure. I was just very disappointed in the way they treated a customer. The service was bad enough I will no longer by tires or have service done with them again. In the last year I have spent $3000.00 in their shop. No longer will they get another dollar!

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

So the problem is the shop, not the tires.

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Pretty sure the name of the shop is Big O Tires not the brand of tire he had installed, and yes I know there is a Big O brand tire

8. icl

icl Member

You are correct, there are several Big O shops in the Des Moines area.

9. Army Vet

Army Vet Member

It is the shop. I have their tires and the quality of the tire is good. But the shop and customer service is horrible!

10. MikeLawnSnowLLC

MikeLawnSnowLLC Senior Member

Used to have a Big O tire here by the house in Michigan. That place was a friggin joke!! They are no longer in business but I did not know they were a nationwide company.

11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

There a national company... go over there head and talk to corporate

12. Army Vet

Army Vet Member

I filed a complaint with the corporate office today. I am interested to see what they have to say. They said the local store has 48hrs to reply. I probably wouldn't be so upset if he would have just apologized. I fully understand it's a plow truck and it is very hard on the equipment. Though when he was a a22 and my son's life was in danger because of it; I tend to be pissed and vocal! I will keep you all informed of the events to come.

13. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

I only have tire work done where they use torque wrenches or torque sticks....also saves on warped rotor problems

14. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

small claims court if HQ won't resolve. Worth the time and effort.