1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Status Lights

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by cwb90, Oct 28, 2012.

1. cwb90

cwb90 Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

Should i have two blinking status lights when plugging in the controller witout the plow hooked up? My plow is in storage and i was working on my harness and when i plugged the controller in it was blinking twice.
    Thanks for any help
    Clint

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Sorry I missed this for so long. The status lights mean:
    1 blink - motor solenoid (under your hood)
    2 blinks - SA Drop valve (blue wire)
    3 blinks - SB Lift valve (green wire)
    4 blinks - SC Right valve (orange wire)

If the plow is disconnected - the SA/SB/SC valves are all disconnected - so the controller is telling you that. If you connect the plow, you'll need to turn the controller off and back on to "reset" the diagnostics.

So the controller is functioning as designed, and won't do that if you turn it on with the plow connected.

3. cwb90

cwb90 Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

Scott,
    Thanks for the reply and explanation. Just so I'm understanding this correctly, I should be getting the two blinking lights because I do not have the plow connected correct?

Thanks,
    Clint

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

That is correct.