1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

State Requirments

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Jbowe, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Jbowe

Jbowe Senior Member

I would be interested to know what it takes in different states to plow legally. In Alaska the license is $200.00 for two years, bonding of 5k, insurance min of 1 mil, and workmens comp if you have employees. This makes you legal to plow professionally.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Are you talking plowing for the State? Or just in general? Around here the town said your suppose to have a plow permit ,but very few get one. It's 25.00 for the season.
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

In Maine, there are no specific State requirements to plow snow. Some towns have some type of registration, but I have never heard of it being enforced. I'm in a very small town and the new town clerk went to training and learned businesses could be required to register, so she implemented a policy. I registered and paid the $10. There is no ID sticker or anything. Then I griped that others didn't. She said she'd send them letters if she caught them. Yeah, right. Whoopie. Actually, I paid the $10 just so I'd have the right to ***** about it.