1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Starting to get excited for a new season

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MSS Mow, Jul 22, 2013.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Just landed a 3 year contract on a private subdivision road (1.5 mile dirt road) that I have plowed the last couple of seasons on just a per season basis. Locking in for 3 years confirmed that they are happy with the service we are providing! Now I'm excited for another season to get rolling! wesport

Of course I'm sick of the brutal heat that we have had so that probably has something to do with it. lol

2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I need to pick up more week-ender / absentee driveways. Something I can get to a few days after a storm.

3. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Yeah I wouldn't mind getting a few more of those as well. Good money and no pressure on when to get to them. Win win.

4. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

:waving:Winter only 5 months away! I admit I've been starting to think about it too! I bought a new 250 and need to buy a new boss for it. Don't know if I want any more work yet. Got a pretty full list right now, might take a few more bigger customers if they come around.

5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

What Boss are you going to go with?

6. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Probaly 8.2 boss vxt

7. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

You should look at the new dxt's coming out. I am thinking about upgrading to a new 9'2" stainless dxt this year.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That would be a heavy plow. wesport

9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Not if you have the right truck to haul it! :drinkup:

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I agree, but the plow doesn't weigh any less. :D

You feel you need trip edge? My VXT has been great.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  11. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

I have the 9-2 v plow on my dodge 3500 and yes it's heavy

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 9'2" poly VXT on my 2007 2500 GMC with the duramax. Never felt like I needed trip edge.

I also have 2 Western MVP Plus that are trip edge. I would use either but I like the direct lift of the Boss better.

13. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

DXT stainless

Was talking this past week with one of my buddies about the new boss DXT stainless plows... he said he was told by his local dealer not to go with one because of the fact that it isnt a super thick stainless and if you put a big dent in the plow...no way in hell you are going to get it out. Just food for thought.

14. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Like your thread title says, I too am starting to get excited for snow season, even though I got months of work to do this summer.

15. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

"Need"?? No, I don't need it. I have gotten by without it but it's one more safety mechanism to help prevent damage. I'm all for it. Will I go buy one to replace an existing plow that isn't ready to be replaced yet? No, but when it's time to replace, it will be with the DXT.

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Where I live there are very few Boss plows. There are no dealers and for some reason no one wants to stock them. My VXT has been great.