1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Starting small business

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by BLinindoll, Dec 12, 2003.

1. BLinindoll

BLinindoll Junior Member

Hi. I'm 18 years old and want to start a small residential plowing business using my Honda 450 Foreman and a 54" warn plow. I am also about to buy a Blazer and a trailer so that I can load the quad and haul it to where I am plowing. I have plans on posting an add in a local paper in Albany, NY. I live right outside of Albany. My friend knew someone who used his plow on his quad one storm and made $400 in a single trailer park. Does anyone know if my ATV insurance would cover the things that are needed? Is my plan even worth my time? Also, how should I price my plowing? I was planning on doing it by the inch and saying $20 every 4 inches, no matter what size driveway (within reason.):help:

2. BLinindoll

BLinindoll Junior Member

Oh yeah... Do you think I would need a contract for doing small residentials? It kinda just seems like overkill if its a small driveway around my town. Some people say it's worth it, some people say that the customers would laugh if they were asked to sign a contract. Just trying to get all the information that I can get. Thanks again.