1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Starting out

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by WhiteStorm, Dec 26, 2008.

1. WhiteStorm

WhiteStorm Junior Member

I'm slowly going to work into the snow plowing business. I will have plenty of free time since I will be retiring. I'm still to young to quite working and this is something I would like to do along with starting a small excavating business.

I live in the southern ontario canada area. I have no idea what to charge when it comes to a contract parking lot. Should I include salt with quote?
  2. Snow-Con

Snow-Con Member

just my opinion, but I'd suggest hooking up with someone who's already in biz up there and learning the ropes.
  3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite. Those are two very general questions. Chances are you wont get too many answers here. Good luck though.
  4. Snow-Con

Snow-Con Member

You can hook up with someone who knows what they're doing and ride along for free if you buy the coffee and donuts. Or you could just ask to be put on a lot someplace. That's what I'm doing. PM me if you need anymore get started info, I'll try to help. If you can't PM....I don't know what to tell you.