1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Starting Out

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Landscape89, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 Junior Member

Before Plowing, how did most of you start out removing snow?

2. mossballs

mossballs Member
    from MN

Hows that?

3. DJL

DJL Senior Member

with a shovel :waving:

4. cc2004

cc2004 Member

Craftsman tractor with a snowblower on the front for my own driveway.
    IT USE TO BE FUN!!!

5. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

I have been Plowing SNOW for over 50 yrs & in Answer to Your Question?--Any-One Once You Do get a Plow Vehicle-- some-One? Will Ask YOU to Plow them Out!--a Freind?--Neighbor?-- I live in a Farm Community & a 4X4 pick-Up is Standard Equipment Here!--as every farmer has ONE! & 4x4s started Here right after WW11--when the Military SOLD Jeeps Cheap!--My DAD Used an Ole 1-1/2 Ton Dump Truck for many yrs-- Home Made Plow--w/a Cable hooked to the Dump Body!--Raise the Body--Raise the Plow! Worked Pretty GOOD--Today w/Modern Trucks & All the Creature Comforts--makes Plowing Easy compaired to yrs AGO!--But--Plowing Today is a lot More Expensive! I See & Hear Debates On Which Plow is BEST?--& after Looking them ALL Over!--I Guess? It all Depends On How LAZY? the PLOW Buyer Is?--in referance to how EASY the Plow is to Hook UP? & Un-Hook? My Opinon! I personally Don*t Mind--Working a Little!--as I Used a Manual Plow for many Yrs! where I had to Get OUT & manually Change my Plow Blade Angle!--on an Ole Jeep pick-Up!--But--It Did the JOB!--Now Days w/ Three Way Plows On late model Trucks & Snow Blowers--Plowing is a lot Easyer!--but--FACT! a lot more Expensive!--& Plowing is Still a Sideline! as I personally Don*t Think?--Any-One! could BUY a New TRUCK Equipped w/a PLOW! & Ever PAY for IT just By Plowing?? Plowing is a Convience Service! in referance to Private Driveways & Small Businesess--& All the Talk about being SUED?--Here every once in a While! some-thng Does Get HIT & Damaged! & Plowers & Customers Do get Upset! but NO One Sues any-One!--Here yrs AGO! a Wealthy Family moved into the Neighborhood & the Guy Plowing Hit a Shrub & they Raised HELL & He Paid a Nursury to Replace It--& Quit plowing Them Out!--BOY! Word Speard! & they Couldn*t Get Any One to Plow them Out!--they Finally Bought their Own Plow! & to this DAY No One really has Any-thing to DO w/Them!--Here We Call them the FLATLANDERS!--NOT Considered real Neighbors?--kinda SNOBISH! if You know what I Mean?--Ole JIM--

6. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Hands and the dog helped out some :dizzy:

No really I had a old truck I used to clean my driveway and now I do 15 drives with my newer truck.

7. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Paid a guy with a plow to do it! :dizzy: