1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Starting out..... not much snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grasskeepers, Aug 13, 2008.

1. grasskeepers

grasskeepers Member

I run a lawn care company in the summer. In my city there is a real lack of services, everyone works at plants on cray long shifts. 75 percent of my clients for lawn care are in 3 km of my house.
    Average snow fall is
    Oct 14cm
    Nov 33cm
    Dec 31cm
    Jan 27cm
    Feb 21 cm
    Mar 23cm
    Apr 16cm
    and it snows about 10 times a month

I should be able to find 15 clients close to home to start with if i handed out some flyers. i have 28 inch snow blower for my drive. i also have 24 hp Zero turn mower maybe a plow for it. Atv's are not allowed to plow drives in the city.
    my questions are

is salting inclued in the price or just exta for those that want it?
    what kind of equiment would you use for small snow falls like i get?
    and any other advice would be nice.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Use the search function, you will have hours of reading.:drinkup:

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

are those numbers the AVERAGE DEPTH per storm , or per month?

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

per month. LOL

5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i figured as much, just wated to be sure his "small snow" was the same as my "small snow" lol

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I am going to guess he has a few real small snowfalls mixed with some plowable events. I thought Alberta got some real snow.

I have 2 Kubota ZD28's and don't think they would push snow well at all. I think Walker makes a 4 wheel drive model but short of that I would park it for the winter. The blower will work well but 15 drives would be a lot. Especially clearing the drift at the end of the driveway.