1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

starting a snow stack?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jerseydrew, Sep 15, 2015.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i've been plowing my families driveways for years and have always had decent equipment but has always been direct lift systems so i have been limited on stacking to begin with.

now i finally have real equipment (western pro plus) and would like to learn how to get a good stack started because i think it would be very beneficial so i don't have the mounds come out as far into the driveway.

so what is the best technique to doing this?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Get your direct lift back, because you can stack much higherwith one if you know what your doing .

Other wise, Waite under the bridge, and Roy will be by to help you with your old technology .

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Sooooo......why do you think a chain lift will stack higher than a direct lift.
    Each have limiters which dictates how much each the blade raises up.

4. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

ok, so proper technique on starting a stack?

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Get a few blade fulls of snow, put them in a pile then
    Let it set up.

Next,
    Can you raise your plow while you are moving forward?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015