1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Starting a Maintance Company

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by mike33, Jan 5, 2014.

1. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

I get so annoyed with these companies I was wondering how and what it would take to start a maintance company. I talked to one the other day and I could tell by phone conversation and paper work they was new. I kind of figure if they can do it so could I. I have one little perk my daughter is a new attorney. I think it would be neat to make a lot of money off of plowing by just sitting behind my computer.

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck with that....

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just sign up a bunch accounts then sub them out and not pay them.

4. NickT

NickT Senior Member

First you should learn how to spell maintenance .....

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Exactly. Walk into every big box store, promise to save them tons of money, hire idiots to do the work, when it comes time to pay them say they didn't submit the necessary paperwork and keep all the money for yourself. You'll be a millionaire in no time.

6. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Thanks for the correction, it didn't seem right.

7. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

I had one call me on Tuesday about a local credit union price was fine I said okey. Thursday I did service 5 am than 10 am got a call from company saying don't due any service. They said they had the contract but issues with another contactor, I told them I did service that morning they said they would pay for it. I thought hells bells I could do as good as they do. I found out 1 maintenance company I previously worked for doubled my price. Why is corp. America using a service like this?

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Haha.

Saw that too, didn't want to be to mean!

9. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

no foul :)

10. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I think it would be neat to make a lot of money off of plowing by just sitting behind my computer

Mike: A song was written about that and here is one line of the lyrics >>
    Get your money for nothing and your chicks for free

11. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Maintenance*