1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Startin to feel like those drivers in last years Dunkin Donut commercial

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JCurtis, Dec 30, 2001.

1. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

This is getting ridiculous!!!!:(

Not even enough to send out the spreader, saw a flake or two yesterday. Ran out and started the truck so it would get used to seeing snow;)

Looks like no snow in sight for the next 5 or 6 days:mad:

Maybe I should Shuffle off to Buffalo:D
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i agree, this officialy sucks. i dont want more than 2 ft at a time, but we need something. even if its a few 3 or 4 inch storms. i have a feeling its going to come all at once like buffalo, with a few good nor easters late in jan or early feb. time will tell.
  3. staley52

staley52 Member
    from Iowa

I happen to know that we are going to get dumped on late Jan early Feb because I take possestion of my new housse feb 1 and am going to try start moving late jan.
  4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe a storm Thu-Fri?
  5. BerksLawn

BerksLawn Junior Member

We havent even got a flake yet here, the spreaders on, plows are out and work everythings ready to go just waiting for the white stuff. Looks like there could be a storm coming thursday and friday, then on saturday it looks another comin this way. I think im gettin my hopes up but we will see to early to tell.

6. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

A flurry or two here outside of Philly. I start getting busy again mid Jan, that's when we'll get it. May be a storm brewing late next week, have to see how things develope. Look's like I don't have to worry about working New Years Eve. Shame, guess I'll just have to party!! Happy New Years Everybody!!

7. Grant

Grant Member

LOL!!! I've been catching that since Thanksgiving! Have no fear, it will come. Hopefully not quite as bad as WNY though.
  8. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

We have been keeping busy all month so it has been nice to have no snow we are going to be finishing up with a few of our jobs, in the next couple weeks so hopefully it will snow after that, we were able to get one plowing in during December and also two salt/sand events so it wasnt a total loss, but it would be nice to get some snow in the next couple weeks, Just hope it is not like Western New York. Just My two cents
  9. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

Here I feel like the Maytag man.....We haven't even had to spread salt yet....I had my plow on but end up taking it back off got tired of seeing red with no white...
  10. rick barnes

rick barnes Member

Know the feeling ,we took two trucks out Fri & spread a little salt. Just enough to get the trucks dirty:mad:

Oh well it will come , then the desk chair can cool off.

11. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Hate to be a follower... but ME TOO!!!

Got teased pretty well earlier in the week with some flurries, but that's about all. Got to salt a few times. Forecast is looking pretty grim... but being Chicago, things can change pretty quickly. Hopefully they will soon, I really need to move some snow.
  12. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Things were busy up my way before x-mas, now they have dropped off. They will pick up, after the pattern changes,

13. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

that is the best commercial I never get to see the whole thing only bits and pieces of it.Some one should tape and download it into plowsite arcives or something.
  14. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

i have decided to go on a snomobile trip to wisconson. that way i can drive 6 hours up there by myself,have breakfest with my friends, ride the sled on gravel and what little snow they have,put only 35 miles on the sled, and by 3:eek:opm load the sled back up and drive like maniac for 6 hours back home,get a couple of hours of sleep, and work 17 hours straight repairing plows saturaday, and 15 hours sunday..... well it actually happened 2 years ago but im hoping if i leave town something is bound to happen.......... still bored,need snow, PT.
  15. Repoman

Repoman Banned

Maybe a week in Atlantic City would bring a storm around my neck of the woods.Personally i'd like to see 12-16.So would all the Acme's,PathMark's and Wawa's.I try to stay away from the weather channel,DEPRESSING.