1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

starter ford truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by unhcp, Jan 20, 2010.

1. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

what do you guys think? mid 90's f350 or say like 00-03 ford? I was thinking gas, but diesel could be an option if there are enough benefits

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I vote for the mid 90's F-350 because they were the best looking trucks that Ford ever built. The newer superduties have larger frames which is always a plus with snow removal.

If you go with the mid 90's, make sure you get the 460! I just got rid of a 94 F-250 with the 351. It was a gutless turd that wouldnt get out of it's own way.

3. unhcp

i don't mind the 351 i plowed with a f350 for a while and had no issues, solid front axle is huge with snow plowing I think. the super duty trucks are nice but a tad more expensive, maybe a little more beefy though

4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

if you go with a 92-97 F250 or F350 and want the e4od (automatic overdrive trans), get a 95-97 as ford beefed up the transmission in those years. and nothing wrong with a 351. i have a 96 F350 with 351 and have no compliants. a diesel or 460 will certainly have more power, but the 351 is just fine. try to find 4.10 gears with a 351 though. the 3.55 gears will make it seem like a slouch.

5. unhcp

yeah i have been looking around and it seems like the 97 or 98 f350s are about 5 grand cheaper so i was thinking of going that route they are decent trucks, its hard to find a not beat super duty around i have been finding just awful junk mostly