1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Started using Magic this year. So far so good.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by speralandscape, Jan 7, 2010.

1. speralandscape

speralandscape Member

We decided to start using liquid magic this year and are happy with the results so far. I thought I would post a picture of it in action. The picture shows the entrance to a condominium complex we take care of that was sprayed with liquid before the storm. The hotel next door was not sprayed and is managed by someone else. They had almost an inch on the ground before we showed any accumulation.

liquid magic pic.jpg

2. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

What rate per acre?

3. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 Senior Member
    from Ma

Yeah, I would also like to know the rate at which you are applying and if there is anything else mixed in? Who did you purchase from? Looks good though.

4. speralandscape

speralandscape Member

Sometimes it's hard to tell because of the foam when you fill and empty the tank but I try to keep it around twenty. Springvalley landscaping is the distributor for our area.

5. speralandscape

speralandscape Member

Oh and nothing is mixed in.

6. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

was that application 20 gals per acre? what nozzel types are you appling it with?

7. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

our clients all complained about the smell and the color. One of them said their lots smelled like bad soy sauce and looked like someone took a diarrhea **** all over it. his words. Also our load was contaminated and we still are awaiting the refund 1 year later!!!

8. speralandscape

speralandscape Member

I use fan nozzles. I don't really measure per acre. I measure more by lane mile because you don't have to spray the whole lot. I just spray the roads and the middle of the lots and the traffic carries the stuff. It depends on what I'm spraying it for. If I am using it as a pretreatment I don't spray as heavy. If I am using it as a post treatment to melt and inch of snow I put it down heavier . I haven't had any complaints about the smell so far and the customers all seem to love it because there is no more sand to be tracked into their buildings. Sorry to hear about the contaminated load. That sucks. The stuff isn't by any means cheap and to not get quality. I would be p****d.

9. nighthawk117

from Ma

Is that Greenleaves Drive ?? :D

10. speralandscape

speralandscape Member

Yes, do you live around the area or own or work for one of the surrounding companies or something?

11. nighthawk117

from Ma

Yes, I live in the area.