1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Started season on a great note

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 04Silverado, Dec 17, 2012.

1. 04Silverado

04Silverado Junior Member
    from Maine

The plow has been on and off the truck for prep and general maint, change oil, clean connections, etc. Plow has been working as it should, until this morning when I leave for work. The truck is facing the right direction so I drive off plowing on the way out, I get too the end of the road and the plow doesn't go up, I can hear the solenoid and there is a big draw on the truck when I try and move the plow. Messed with it tonight in the garage, unhooked the wiring and put my heavy duty battery charger directly to the posts and it draws huge amps and barely wants to turn so I am thinking the pump is froze up and remove motor all together stick the rotor on the pump key and it turns with a little resistance so I guess my motor is Pooched. This is the FLD 7.5 can anyone tell me what other motors will work for my app and where is a good place to get one?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Any one of the sponcers,,,cpw,,angelos,,discount plow parts. And sometimes auto parts stores carry them

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

sehp or insta-act?

4. 04Silverado

from Maine

insta act although not sure what the other type you listed.

5. chevyzrule810

6. 04Silverado

from Maine

Thanks a bunch

7. chevyzrule810

no problem

8. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

Tap the motor with a hammer first. I'll bet some moisture in there caused just enough rust to seize it.

9. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We have an aftermarket one here for 80.00...give me a ring

10. 04Silverado

from Maine

I have had it all apart cleaned it up and still no go it acts like a locked rotor, barely moves yet I can turn it by hand without much effort.

11. 04Silverado

from Maine

I will give a ring tomorrow. Is the motor CCW rotation? I only ask because I see so many advertised as CW rotation. Pretty sure reversing the leads would also change rotation?