1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Start Time

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HOLLYWOOD, Nov 11, 2003.

1. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

what time do you guys leave to plow ? I just got a new lot that has to be do by 4 am . I guess Ill be out by 2:30 am

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

It depends on when the snow falls.

3. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

as soon as the trigger depth is met and or on cleanup nights around 11 or so this way the lots can be done as soon as possible no since waiting till the last minute to get things done. especially because say you had 3 or 4 inches fall at say 11:00 and you figure that the lot takes an hr to do with only that much snow. so you decide to go out a little over an hour before which would be enough time to get it done. but then a nice storm hits that drops some serious ammounts of snow at the time your leaving to go to the lot. now you have double the snow on the ground and not enough time to get it done. thats why its best to do it as soon as possible... also if your charging by the push if you get it plowed early and it snows again you can get 2 pushes outta that lot in one night which means more $.

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

All depends on what time the storm hits and what kinda accounts you have.I have two commercial lots i know have to be cleared out by 5.30 am so i account for that.Driveways i tend to hold off a little bit to give the road crews a chance to come by.I have gotten a few complaints that i came by too early and the road crews plowed them back in.If its a big storm then you may have to plow everything twice so i go out about halfway through or when it hits the trigger point.

5. szorno

szorno Senior Member

We have prime time and secondary time. Prime time is done between 4 am and 8 am. We gear up for dropping the blade between 4 and 5 depending on the route and being done with primary by 8 am. Then secondary (residential) goes until done. We found that if we start before 5:00 on all contracts, we often have to go back about 7:30 and that iritates the customer. We try to not do that.

6. KenP

KenP Senior Member

Out here in Eastern PA, we hit the streets shortly after it starts snowing, if not as sooner and work til about 8 hours after it stops.

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My trigger is 2 inches so as soon as I get that, off I go!
    Sometimes up for 2-3 days! Love every minute of it!!!!!!!!!:bluebounc

8. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

We take care of quite a few 24 hr quick marts, so as soon as the trigger is met we are on the road, and plowing around the clock till it stops.

Rick

9. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

most of the accounts we have require the snow to be cleared by 6:00 AM but it all depends on when the snow falls as to when the plow drops.