1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Star products Markers good/bad

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by skidooer, Nov 12, 2008.

1. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

i was wondering if anyone has used or bought their driveway markers

2. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I have used 6000 of them, they work for me.

3. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

WOW 6000!

i bought 50 of the flags for the markers and I can say they are high quality. I'm impressed for the price.

4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Just got our first order from them. Real nice people to deal with, shipped super fast, and a heck of alot easier than painting and driving wood into the ground.

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

If you want regular fiberglass stakes, call up angelos. They are on 0.39 there. Star product sells the same ones for 0.79. I called Star to get prices and they told me. I said I was going to shop around. they told me they were the largest distributor in the country and you could not find them for cheaper. they called me 2 times again that day and 3 times in the last week. I talked to them yesterday and told them I found them cheaper. they said the ones I bought were not as high of quality. I told him my friend has used angelos for years and he only breaks a few a year because of stacking on them by accident. Call angelos you will be happy... and save you some payup

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Star Products called and offered me a free sample today. I turned it down because I know thier stake prices are higher then Angelos, I got 200 from Angelos recently. But Star Products does make a nice Flag for the marker, I got them and they are very nice for the price.

BTW, The Angelos 1/4" stakes are just a hair under 1/4", so the marker Flags do not fit tight on them, unless you get the smaller flags.

7. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Angelos is a good deal for a good product, but the $20 they charged me for delivery pissed me off.

8. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

I have used Star products for the past couple of years. Good quality and they are always on top of shipping and service. Quick email response, always answer the phone, and the shipping is always beyond my expectations.

I am in Ohio and I had my markers the next day.

I stacked on mine all last year and recovered every one I put out. Except the ones those damn kids take:)

9. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

do you guys have a web site for either one of these places

10. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

www.lowcostmarkers.com

http://www.angelos-supplies.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

BTW, putting stickers on the 'marker flags' tonight. noticed that the flags vary in height about a 1/5". So on some I have to trim the stickers a bit because the sample I brought to the sticker shop was one of the slightly bigger ones. So if you have stickers made, have them made slightly short to avoid trimming. (or have them made to the shortest one lol)