1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$ stanless spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jay brown, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

any ideas how much a EV swenson v box spreader is worth? stanless steel, 10', hydrolic powered, chain is about 50% life left, has spray system, ladder, top grate, no controlls. metal work is staight( not beat up). thanks...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  2. Jay brown

the guy is asking $750 each.....has three of them...

3. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Are you planning on buying all of them? If not were are they located? I noticed your in KC I'm not far from you in Topeka. If your not looking at buying all of them I would love to get my hands on one at that price. Thank's

Brian

4. Jay brown

i found them two weeks ago during a weekend at the lake (ozarks). i'll call and see if he still has them. maybe we can get a deal on two or split the cost of a tow truck or loader? i would be willing to buy one if it is a good deal. but haven't got any feedback on the price. purple range.....in the above post i stated these were hydrolic powered, they are, but not self contained units like some hydrolic swensons.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  5. purpleranger519

from Kansas

Do you know if they are High Flow or Low Flow hydraulics? I know 2 guys in town here that bought High Flow units that have a C-60 dump like me only to find out they wont work...gotta be low flow. If they are I could move the third one as well.
    Thank's Brian

6. Jay brown

good question? could you change the motors? probably too expensive? they came off of state trucks. single axle international's would it say on the motor weather it's hi or low?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  7. purpleranger519

from Kansas

It should say somewhere on the motor if they are High or Low. The single axle state trucks here are usually Low flow if they are pre-2000. Everything after 2000 has been High Flow on the single axels it appears. The larger trucks I think are always High Flow. Does the person selling these have a clue as to what he is selling to where he could answer this question? It is very expensive to change them over and not worth it if thats the case. $750 is dirt cheap for that model. Being he hasn't sold them it makes me wonder if it's cause they are High Flow.

8. Jay brown

i'll see what i can come up with and let you know. they are four hours away so i'll see if i can get more info. had no idea when i looked the first time.

9. Jay brown

talked to him today all he could come up with on the motor is 50-1. they came off of 1993 model, single axle international. if we buy all three we can get them for $600 each. he said he could get a local guy to load them for an additionl $50. would you be willing to buy two and pay for the loader fee? let me know. jason @ 660-541-2660