1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

standard fisher mount

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by haulasswithclas, Jan 3, 2007.

1. haulasswithclas

haulasswithclas Junior Member

I need a standard fisher mount for an 88 ford ranger. The mount is standard mount with the 2 spring loaded pins on the truck mount i think its a am260 part number but fisher says its not made anymore.
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

your best bet is looking on ebay. thats where i found my mount that isn't in production any more. You might get lucky and find one.
  3. Ding

Ding Member

Do an advanced search on Ebay and look at closed auctions to see what people are calling them and what they are going for. I did see one for that truck on Ebay a while back. Also go to www.fisherplows.com and look at the Peculiar Vehicle mount literature for the Conventional plows.

These are conventional plows, and the truckside mounts have several parts including the pushplates (mounts to truck frame), the pushbeam (I-beam part that goes between the pushplates and contains the release pins), headgear frame and braces (parts that mount to front of pushplates and come up in front of the truck grille).

Good luck and post more questions if you have them!!!
  4. Ding

Ding Member

5. Ding

Ding Member

There are folks around who have some of these old parts lying around, but many want list price for them. You need to find someone who is willing to sell for less.

Fisher also has a web swap meet for dealers. Contact a dealer in your area and they can look on it to see if any dealer has the AM260 listed.
  6. Ding

Ding Member

I just looked at the parts diagram for this truck, and see that it is a light duty pushbeam (part #5098). These are not nearly as common, so make sure you know which plow you have. Measure between the ears on the A-frame (plowside) to see if it 22 1/2" or 25 1/2". This will make a difference in the mounts you can use.
  7. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Actually the mount spread is probably 19.25" as that was what Fisher used on LD, 6.5 and 7ft conventional blades in the late 80's into the 90's
  8. PaulT

PaulT Junior Member

Don't forget to check out Craigs list also. That's where I've found my parts
  9. Ding

Ding Member

Thanks Flipper, I wasn't sure on the LD pushbeam size having never seen one.