1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Standard Duty Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MO TOYS, Aug 26, 2006.

1. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

I Have a 1/2 ton chevy silverado, I just ordered a boss 7' 6" standard duty plow for it i will be doing mostly residential with some small commercial lots i chose this plow over the super duty to save #'s do you think i should have got the super duty or do the standard duty hold up well?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I Have a 1/2 ton chevy silverado, I just ordered a boss 7' 6" standard duty plow for it i will be doing mostly residential with some small commercial lots

Paging Up North... Buck!!!
    quick make with the mighty 1/2 ton lol. Before I tell him his truck is to small lol.

Sorry, not a very good welcome.lol:waving:

Hey!! welcome to plow site.:D

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite Mo Toy. Don't let ol' Farmer buffalo you just cause he's a big timer in this biz!

I've also got a 1/2 ton Silverado ext. cab. I went with the Blizzard 760LT and have been very happy with it so far. I don't think I'd go any heavier then the standard duty plow from Boss, and don't forget to put some Timbrens on the front of that beast...it'll no doubt need them.

Buck

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Scatch what I said on the Timbrens...I see in another thread you already popped them in.

Buck

5. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

lol yep just put them on today thanks for the reply

6. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Hey Mo Toys. You did the right thing. The 8 ft. superduty would be way too heavy for a 1/2 ton truck. As it is, with the lighter plow, plus whatever you weigh, plus balast, you are probably close or over your max GVWR. Welcome to Plowsite :)

7. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

actually i was talking about the 7'6" superduty.
    thanks for the replies