1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stand

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by wild bill, Nov 19, 2008.

1. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

any body ever make a screw adjustable stand for their straight blade ,some times you can never be at the right height .plow is setting outside ,snows the truck packs the snow (to tall) .sets and settles into the dirt ! just a thought i am playing around with one .:confused:

2. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

Not a bad idea Bill, I had the same problem. It's fun dragging the floor jack out in the wee hours of the morning tho :dizzy:

3. wild bill

these are some early pictures i just assembled it . got to paint and grease and see if it will fit .

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Bill
    Thats a great idea, where did you buy the screw stand? About how much do you have into this little project?

Regards Mike

5. bossplowguy

where does it mount at, on the side of the A-frame? looks good tho

6. wild bill

hard cash about $5.00 every thing came out of the steel pile in the shop ,about 30 year's of collecting thing that were too good to throw away .a piece of b-7 hardened 5/8 all thread ,2 5/8 flange nuts ,some pipe big enough to fit snug over the nuts ,angle ,flat stock ,welded on 2-3/8 flange nut's ,2 3/8 x1 bolts ,big washer for the foot tubing and bolt for the handle . i plan on putting it between the angle cylinder and a frame ,clamped to the a frame flange .you no boss made for for the rt-2 straight blade you can barley see it on their web site ,their is a number but i don't think it is available any more .i saw one up close it came from their tech's tool box and it had a bull dog sticker on it ,small side wind jack.msc3754 jack+ msc3755 Handel.i guess they just got to expensive they went to a flip up solid stand . cheeped out .well in all truth i sold about 2 dozen of the current stands a year .oops forgot to raise the stand and wiped it out ! :realmad:

7. payton

payton Senior Member

wow i guess im the cheap lazy arse.. i just use a 5 dollar floor jack i picked up at a yard sale u know the lil ones..rated at 500 lbs i think..lol works great and can throw it in the truck to take along if something happens.

payton

8. wild bill

yea i am cheap to but i am not physically able to throw jacks around :)

9. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

Adjustable Jack

Meyer uses a adjustable Jack (22245) for their EZ Plus Mounting System. I think these could be adapted to use on any plow.

10. payton

payton Senior Member

11. bossplowguy

I see what you mean about boss having them on older plows. I just bought a older rt2 v blade and it's got a jack on it

12. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I used a tall $30 boat trailer jack on one on mine. It helps but the location of mine (RH side of the tower) isn't ideal because it doesn't lift evenly. The stands were long gone on both of mine when I bought them. Will be interesting to see if Bill's much smaller sized one will fit somewhere in the center and make for a better, more balanced install than mine. Mine was too big to fit in there. :(

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  13. wild bill

as soon as i can drag my ass our there i will throw ir on and post a picture ,installed .:salute: