1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stand wont "lock" in on 8600sw

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by hosenfeffer, Jan 7, 2011.

1. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Am I missing something here? Plow is centered and looks level on ground and to frame. But the drivers side hitch pin is a little difficult to pop in to place passenger side clicks right in smooth. The passenger side stand pops right into place into upper hole per manual. The drivers side is difficult to move at all like it is binding and can only move it to the cutout in the frame no way is it going to move the last inch or so to the hole in the a frame it is supposed to lock into.
    I have taken plow off and on again done the other side first, with the arm extended,retracted, half off, plow up, plow down and on one leg with my fingers crossed and it is freakin cold out!
    WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?

2. hosenfeffer

from nh

update stand problem

Ok so if you put a floor jack underneath stand and put a surprising amount of force on it the stand travels the last inch to the hole.
    Now, how the hell do you get it out? :mechanic:

At least I will find out about the Blizzard warranty standards if all else fails.

3. kandrts

kandrts Junior Member

The parking stands i think are built backwards, you need to use the power hitch and lock in your hitch pins first, then you need to lower the hitch all the way back down but leave the hitch pins locked in, then the parking stands are able to be moved into the up position, there is something internal that only allows the parking stands to be moved up when the hitch is all the way down.

4. hosenfeffer

from nh

That is what I was doing. Guilty of not being able to write clearly what I want to say.

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

????Are you engaging your stand before droping the plow, and disengaging after you raise it. I'm confused by your post.

6. hosenfeffer

from nh

After last storm
    disengaged arm and dropped stands
    engaged arm and pulled hitch pins
    disengaged arm and electrical connections
    The more I think about it was being a little reluctant then.

Tonight
    Drove up ,connected electrical
    engaged arm
    lined up hitch pins. one side was being picky had to release arm a little to get it lined up.
    Then disengaged arm and proceeded to try to lift stands.
    I have noticed that the passenger side stands lines up almost no matter what I am doing as long as it has been pulled tight by arm at some point beforehand.
    Then I used the floor jack to lock in pin since it is gonna snow and I gotta go!
    Could one of the entire frames be crooked somewhere or misaligned?

There appears to be no missing or bent or otherwise defective bolts pins or individual sections of the frame anywhere that I can see. The original install was dealer provided and they did some sloppy work but I have gone over this thing with the installation manual in hand and surveyed the entire installation.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  7. hometown lawn

hometown lawn Junior Member

I just got one of these myself and self installed. I learned that I had to spend some time to familiarize myself with it. The operation is almost backwards of logic. I am going from memory so bare with me...but I believe you have to start to drop the plow and go about halfway off, then drop/engage the stands and then put it back on, pull the lock pins and then drop it down. You can't just drop the stand and disconnect it. There is a back and forth type of sequence that needs to occur.

It took me about 3 hours to discover this method. Then dropped the plow the first time in about 30 seconds the next time.

For what it's worth.

8. hosenfeffer

from nh

problem solved

Went to dealer today. They took truck in and 10 minutes later done. Per tech a few metallic burrs had worked into the mechanism somewhere. He did not say exactly where and I did not ask and out the door no charge.