1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stamped colored concrete?

Discussion in 'Test Post Forum' started by csatom, Oct 19, 2005.

1. csatom

csatom Junior Member

There are alot of residentials around here with "stamped colored concrete "driveways. Im obviously new to the industry, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is anything I need to know relating to drives of this kind. Can they be plowed like any other driveway... or is there some reason I should avoid them? Thanks.
  2. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

I try to avoid anything that could incur liability.:nono:
    Having said that, this looks like an oppurtunity to charge more.payup
    Look into using a non-metal cutting edge. Maybe you could use a snowblower. Some guys might go as far as a bobcat w/sweeper.:dizzy:

Don't you just love how homeowners build homes without any regard to climate?

The stamped concrete thing isn't new. It's just the latest fad. Seems to me (I'm a carpenter) that you're just creating more stress fracture points.

I think the obvious solution is to ask an owner that's been previously plowed how it was done. Then examine the drive for damage.

I'm sure someone here has dealt with this before.

Good Luck!;)
  3. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member