1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stamped colored concrete crumbling

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Greenery, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Hey guys,
    I picked up an account just recently that has a huge stamped and colored main entry. I noticed that some of the seams are crumbling apart. When I stopped in to discuss taking on the account I noticed their current provider was using rock salt with a blue coating. I'm not sure if what they were using was causing it or not. I want to make sure that I don't make it any worse. Any suggestions on what to use to prevent this? On all my other walks i use a blend of sodium, calcium, mag and potassium.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Any ice melter is going to speed up the Freeze/Thaw cycle....Thats whats killing the concrete now......

How old is the walkway???

There are a couple of reasons why this slap might have done this....The Slab has Not been sealed or not sealed in a long time....Bad Mix...Bad Finish...Low air in the Mix...So on and so on...

I would make sure you are Not held responsible for any Damage now or in the Future...