1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Staking

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 042500hd, Oct 16, 2008.

1. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Anyone have any feedback on the driveway stakes from Angelos. They are only $.45 EA. Just wondering if they are the standard store quality ones the price almost seems to good. Also there was a thread from a while back where some of the guys had there driveway markers custom lettered. Anyone have any information on where those can be purchased did a couple of searches and can't find them anywhere. Thanks.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I ordered a hundred a few years ago and still using them. 48" fiberglass - I think they're 5/16'. Sharpened on one end so they push into the ground ok.

3. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Thanks Mick.

4. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Do they have the reflective tape on them?

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

No. I bought some of those round reflectors on a season end sale and put them on the stakes. But mostly I leave them plain. Seems to work well enough against white snow. I suppose you could tape them yourself easy enough.

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I got 100 last year They are 1/4" in diameter no reflector I can see them just fine in the snow. They are sharpened on one end however it is a diagonal cut and as a result when you drive the stake in it will go in at an angle:realmad:. I ended up using my angle grinder clamped in a vise and sharpened the end, now they go in strait:).

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would think letting on a 1/4" stake would be hard to read.
    The stakes are a great idea on new accounts.

8. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

The ones I had seen were from a few years back they were flat and looked to be mounted on a rod.

9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I know the post your talking about, I asked the poster where he got those flags for his posts. This is his response:

"Hey Steve, they really work well.
    I got them from lowcostmarkers.com
    Tell them I sent you, and if you do go for it, let me know how well it went.

Neige"

So thank Neige for the link.

10. jhakarter

jhakarter Member

11. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

dambit josh. I am gonna have to stop sharing my secrets on here. just forget you saw that link. ok? Thanks bud:drinkup:

12. jhakarter

jhakarter Member

haha right on, I dont have a clue what your talkin about.. Have a good weekend Steve!

13. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

looks like j-thomas has the cheapest markers this year guys.

14. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

lol, did they pay you to say that? I just called them, $2.49/ea and $1.59/ea for 1000+

Angelos = .45/ea

Im just sayin

15. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I buy from Fiberglass Innovations. Their product is tried and true. $0.45 sounds very very cheap.

16. linycctitan

lol, Thanks Jeff! No they didn't pay me to say that. Matter of fact I have to ammend that statement. Last night I went to order them up and it wasn't until then that I realized that price was for 3/8"x26"!!!! What good is a 26" stake if you put at least 6" in the ground!! So, I take that back, looks like I will be going with Angelo's also.

17. linycctitan

looked at their website, they don't have any pricing or order info on there. How much are they? They look like the same ones Lowe's carries but theirs are 1.99/ea + tax.

18. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I can buy them for you for cheaper. They have the lollipop ones that Lowes has, as well as the plain 4' Fiberglass ones. They are much cheaper than 1.99. That must be retail pricing or something.

19. MainePlowGuy

MainePlowGuy Junior Member
    from Maine

Just ordered 200 from Angelo's. They were shipped today, 90 bucks , how can you beat it?

20. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

doing the same in the morning. great deal!