1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MSS Mow, Oct 14, 2012.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

we bought a few thousand from snowstakes.com so far.. seem good, easy to work with, cheap prices too, i mean if you can find it cheaper, its pennies and not really saving much.
  3. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Thank you for your input. If you're talking about discountsnowstakes.com, here are their prices:

20 - 249 $1.28 each
    250 - 499 $1.18 each
    500 - 999 $1.08 each
    1000+ $1.01 each

Here are the prices for the website I asked about. Quite a difference. That's why I was asking if anyone had used them.

20 - 299 $0.95 each
    300 - 499 $0.85 each
    500 - 999 $0.75 each
    1000+ Call for pricing
  4. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Just bought a case from these guys.... thanks to a fellow NJ plow contractor Thumbs Up

Fantastic turn around time.... as it was at my house within 24 hours after I placed the order

I paid .69 cents each plus $9.99 shipping, and I'm happy, as I know they're just going to disappear from my jobs anyway.

I ordered a roll of reflective tape from Amazon, and put a piece on each marker to brighten them up. Roll cost me $12

Great place to deal with, and I highly recommend contacting them and ordering up some stakes for your upcoming jobs...Thumbs Up
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  5. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

7. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

We sell plow stakes also just about the same as Angelo's for .68 cents each.
  8. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Those are definitely cheap, however they are not reflective. Apples to oranges here.

Are yours reflective?
  9. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

Home cheapo has reflective tape along with colored duct tape for $5 a roll.

I just take a 4" piece and double it over itself across the stake so I have a 2" little flag. Much easier to see than the expensive stakes. They don't break like the expensive stakes, and I can color code with the duct tape for obsticles, where to push etc... and I can do 100 stakes for about $.65 per piece
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  10. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

Thumbs Up For the search function!

I was looking at that exact tape, either 4 or 5 inches wide, to match my other stakes (I've got a bunch of non-reflective ones from Angelo's)

How did that tape work out for you? The description says it should be applied to a flat surface, and one of the reviewers had a problem with it being too brittle to bend. A 1/4" stake is pretty tight, did you have any problems like that bending it or getting it to stick?
  11. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

If you guys have time to put tape on stakes then write up a thread on it - I dunno. I thought I was cheap heck my friends call me "Sheckleburg " but to wrap tape on stakes - not me!
  12. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

Just ordered my first markers/stakes... is there a secret to knowing how to lay them out? I've got two driveways that are challenging. One is curving both right then left with a drop on left. Anyway, is there such a thing as too many on a curve?
    Other is fairly straight, but with a drop on the right. Is there a standard, like one every 10 feet or something?
    Some of those sites listed above are gone.
    Not sure if this should be a new thread or what?
    Yes, I know these are stupid questions. These are new, narrow drives and I'm using a new plow rig that is much larger than my old rig.
  13. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Use as many as you need to make things visible for you. Depending on the radius of the curve you'll have more or less, every 10' would be good for most tighter curves and 2-3times than for larger. For straight runs it could be a 100 yards plus.