1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stake pocket work light mounts

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by NY_plow_guy, Oct 22, 2009.

1. NY_plow_guy

NY_plow_guy Junior Member
    from CNY

I am looking for a suggestion as to what to put in my stake pockets to mount my work light with. I had something i cobbed together last year but i didn't like how it mounted plus it chewed up my paint. I also remove them for the summer. I would like to use something like those expanding rubber tie downs like from tractor supply but those are not the right size for my trucks pockets.(2003 chevy silverado 2500hd) any one have any suggestion?
    thanks, Austin

2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

expanding rubber drain plugs.....they have a wing nut on them to use to hold the bracket.

3. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I've been thinking about doing something for alley lights. But what ever I do I want them to be kind of hidden. I'm not sure how I wanna do it, anyone?

4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

check your own thread for your answers ;).

5. NY_plow_guy

NY_plow_guy Junior Member
    from CNY

ok well i got the TSC tie downs to work good. They were not long enough to go the lenght of the stake pockets but were to wide to go the short way. So i took a grinder with a sanding disk and shortened the lenght to just fit into the short way in the pocket. Messy, rubber dust everywhere, I would suggest doing outside. I replaced the 3/8 eye bolt with a regular bolt. Then drilled holes in the plates for the wires and mount a set of TSC round work lights to then after i drilled the mount holes to 3/8. it looks good and clean enough for me. No damage to the stake packets or bed rails. I will get pictures soon. I'm also workinf on a new backrack/ amber light mount.