1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stainless Wings?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NorthwestPlower1, Dec 27, 2008.

1. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

I want wings! I have a 8'5" Extreme V SS. I have a 9' X Blade SS on a F550. I want wings for it and my V. I have had many Western straight blades then a Boss 9'2" V poly plow. Then went to Fisher for the Stainless. I want wings please give them to us! If you agree chime in here as I plan to link this thread to a Fisher/DD rep. I do not want a Blizzard(or the 2 imitations you have created) and do not want to go back to the Boss please help. The Fisher V is coming up a lil short compared to the Boss and just think you can charge us $600.00 for them like Boss does.(oh wait stainless better charge us a lil more) Ok really the market is there please get them to us.

:confused:

2. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

i would absolutely love a set of fisher made wings for my X Blade. even if theyre not stainless

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  4. BK Hammer

BK Hammer Member

These are mine

HPIM0872.jpg

HPIM0877.jpg

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

6. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

i just wish they would make a set for the regular old X-Blade and not just the XTreme V...

7. BK Hammer

BK Hammer Member

Measure your moldboard height and from the outside rib of the X-frame to the first trip spring bracket. I will measure the same and compare. I kind of thought the EXV was based on the X blade. If the above dimensions are close, I am sure you can make the wings work. You will only have to drill three holes per side. Just checked CPW and they are 492.00

8. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I would love a set for my 8' x blade.

9. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

I had asked Brian Simmons from Fisher about a set and i think he said that the spring hangers were different on the X and X-V. Id love to try to retrofit a set of the X-V wings but 500 bucks is a lot of money for something im gonna have to cut and weld. If the spring mounts were the same itd be mint, but he said they werent unfortunately :cry:

Thanks a bunch for the offer, i definitely would appreciate the measurements because if i could make em work i would love to!

How do you like the wings? Thanks again - Nick

10. BK Hammer

BK Hammer Member

Nick,
    According to Fisher, our moldboards are the same height. Next, I measure 8 3/4" from full outside of frame to center of hole on spring bracket. I looked at the X-blade construction on Fisher's website and I see the diff in spring bracket. It still looks like you may only need to add a steel bracket on the top of the spring bracket so you can get a hole there to accomodate the third attatchment point. Look at big dave's reply and you will see what I mean in that thread. Scroll down to the schematic.

Love the wings except for the poly edge. It seems to beat stuff around quite a bit. Changed the edge to plyable rubber. We will see how that works on our next storm. Brett

11. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

How do we reach Brian Simmons? I want a set of ss wings. They should be offered.

12. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Are these the fisher wings installed? or are these custom?

13. BK Hammer

BK Hammer Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  14. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

Who has an email to reach this guy? Fisher SS have gotten much a much larger sales volumn now. We should be offered wings now. I see no reason they would not want to sell us a product we are requesting.

15. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict