1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stainless vee question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by peteo1, Jul 28, 2014.

1. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

4 year old 8'6" stainless vee, plow side only. What's it worth? I'd really like to upgrade from my straight blade but I don't want to overspend. Plow also has a decent cutting edge on it and a rubber deflector if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance!

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I would guess 27 to 3K on the high end

3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Its worth $3500 in my area.

4. Ryank

Ryank Senior Member

wouldn't pay more then 3k for it. new blades aren't much more....

5. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

It would go for around 3500 here like mustang said

6. Ryank

Ryank Senior Member

i literally just paid just about 4000 for a brand new xv2 stainless... 8.6" with the wiring, taxes, and mount and controller and install took up another 2000

7. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Where did you buy it from?

8. Ryank

Ryank Senior Member

6000+ taxes go on hartford trucks facebook page it's right there...

9. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Wow 2000 to install??? Who would pay that, couldn't you just buy the plow for 4000 and install yourself? Or was it a cheap way to get you to buy the plow, but had to pay for installation as well?

10. Ryank

Ryank Senior Member

Wow.... No one ever said the install was 2k i said everything was 6k out the door, install was 300-400. if i had to guess....it's not itemized on my receipt...mounts are around 600, not sure what wiring costs. I know a controller is around 400 for a v blade fish stik. Plow was 5600 before taxes with installation so, break it down however u want but i wouldn't pay 4k for a used stainless v blade, 3k max!

11. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

It said "install took up another 2000" - that's how i initially read it too. Looking back at it, it looks like the blade itself was 4000 and everything else made up the 2000.

12. peteo1

Update: just bought a complete stainless vee with a set of wings and push plates for 4k.

13. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I look at my invoice of my 9.6 V plow If I'm reading it right I paid 3800 for the plow side Then truck side plus wing kit total 5645 + shipping 200 Grand total was 5845

14. Antlerart06

Sound like a good deal
    This was a 8.6 or 9.6

15. peteo1

My bad,it's an 8'6" that's been garage kept since new and only seen 1 winter of commercial plowing. Bought it off a friend who was going to plow but decided not to. He basically just plowed his driveway with it the last two years.

16. Antlerart06

O used ouch! Good luck on your season

17. peteo1

I take it you think I overpayed?

18. peteo1

I take it you think I over payed? I feel I got a fair price for something that hasn't been beat to hell and back and is well kept. I considered buying new but our local dealer wants around 7k for a stainless vee and there's no way in hell I'll ever spend that much on a plow.

19. Antlerart06

Ok but buying used there no warranty
    You need to shop around you might found the same thing at same price but with a warranty
    Your local dealer selling them for 7k that is plow and truck side
    Did you ask what he would sell a plow only

20. peteo1

Needed the whole package anyhow. I'm not concerned about the warranty to be honest. I mean what is there really to break? I'm pretty easy on my equipment and I keep a good assortment of parts on hand. Not to mention our dealer seems to think it only snows from 8am-5pm anyways so any repairs I've needed I've done myself.