1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stainless tailgate spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by FOMOCOMAN, Dec 22, 2008.

1. FOMOCOMAN

FOMOCOMAN Junior Member
    from N E Pa

Monroe stainless tailgate spreader, 88" wide. Real nice shape. $1,000 ( 570-840-2871) Can E-Mail pic if interested.

2. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

Post a picture......
    Also, what brand, anything replaced, how old, etc.

Chris

3. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Where in PA are you from?

4. FOMOCOMAN

FOMOCOMAN Junior Member
    from N E Pa

Chris,Brand is monroe,replaced bearings,spinner disc and hoses two seasons ago but didn't run it last year. not sure how old it is,it was on a 97 ford dump but i'm sure it isn't that old as it was a city truck and they destroy everything pretty quick. This unit is in really nice shape, if it wasn't worth what i'm asking i'd scrap it. I tried to post pic but file was too large......I don't have time to mess with it....I can E-mail it. MnD, I'm in Springbrook Twsp, about 30 min from you.

5. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

Ok, I'm guessing that it's run off central hydro's? I should have asked that first, but I'm actually looking for an electric tailgate type, don't what to have to spend $8k for central hydro's on the truck. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly & good luck with the sale!

Chris