1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stainless Steel Xblade or Xtreme V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SnoPro Inc, Sep 28, 2010.

1. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

Does anyone have expirience with stainless plows? I have a over a year before i'll buy another plow but i like doing my research. I like the look and love that they shouldn't rust! post pics/ comments, please! :nod:

2. M&M

M&M Senior Member

I have 2 years on my 8'6" Xtreme V Stainless and I notice 2 major benifits to stainless. The first being that snow does not stick to it. It might not sound like much but the carry capacity is a little more each pass and over the course of the route I feel saves time. Secondly is the fact that it does not rust thus eliminating a huge portion of maintanence down the road. I'm not too into flashy image but it does look better on a lot of trucks. I have a dark gray truck and stainless looks a heck of a lot better than yellow. Also, I plow 45 driveways each storm and I have not had one issue with it. I love it.

3. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

Awesome thanks for your reply! Just trying to gather some info. Happy Plowing!

4. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

C'mon I Know Thre Are More People Out There With One! Lets See Them!

5. madness24

madness24 Junior Member

I have the 7.6 Extreme stainless V it is the best plow I have used, past blizzard and boss very tough and fast hydraulics can't go wrong in my opinion

6. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

Awesome, I'm set on a stainless Xtreme V and a 2500 Duramax ecsb :) in the future.

7. madness24

madness24 Junior Member

You will love it no matter what truck its on however Ford Power stroke front end it way more beefier than chev and higher. but good luck.

8. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Oh ho ho not for 2011 they dont...wesport

GM matches Ford for front axle capacities.

9. madness24

madness24 Junior Member

mine is 2010 front is at 6000 with a solid axle so the newer they get the weaker they get it's too bad trucks used to be trucks years ago. All I know is on a GMC truck there is absolutely no Clarence at all!
    I could not pull in a steep driveway without my undercarriage scraping and I used timbrens. I not bashing other trucks just saying My 2010 is pretty high and heavy duty for real.

10. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

So with that 6000 lb front end you have...you only throw a 7'6" XtremeV? I thought it can handle anything? ;)

11. madness24

madness24 Junior Member

I only do res. drives no need for the 8 or 9 only going with facts not bashing chev, dodge or ...well toyota is funny looking with a plow on them.

12. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

I have a 8'6" XV with wings on my 02 dodge 2500 with a cummins in it and i wouldn't trade this set up for anything mine is a yellow mainly because when i got the plow money was a little tight. i have 3 years on it in buffalo NY never had an issue except i broke a chain once and an "O" ring on the pump moves and leaked a little. i thought about buying the stainless boards, mainly because of snow sticking but all i ever do is wax my boards and i nnever have an issue. I cut my stops and adjusted my lower speed a little and omfg i love it. my truck on 35" tires will stack as high as a loader.i have converted 4 diehard boss guys and one blizzard guy over.

13. madness24

madness24 Junior Member

Sounds nice! how much did you cut off of the stops? does it come close to the motor setup when lifted?

14. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

I took just shy of 2inches. U gotta put ur plow in a V with the stops off jack it up as high as it goes then I gave it about 3/4" safe zone. If u go too far you will and I repeat will put ut trip spring through ur computer on the pump... Fisher V is the only one with power back and the fastest V in the market...

15. madness24

madness24 Junior Member

Cool.. Yeah I know its super fast!

16. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

I cannot tell u the importance of maint on these, not so much fluid but I take every pin out including the cenver pin and wire wheel it and grease it. Wat a difference

17. madness24

madness24 Junior Member

Thats good I always did that on my blizzard plow. Im a little nerveis because I never had not one problem with my old blizzard straight blade in 6 years so I hope I have the same kind of luck with my V

18. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

Blizzards are built heavy but have a lot of issues

19. madness24

madness24 Junior Member

yeah well I'm a fisher v owner now so hope it works out for me with no problems.

20. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

You guys better throw some pictures up throughout the winter! Thanks for all the info also!