1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stainless Steel Western MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by IA Farmer, Sep 20, 2011.

1. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I am wanting to know if it is possible to put stainless Fisher wings on my Western MVP. I looks to me that the center pin is the same, is there any reason this would not work? I really prefer the Western mount to the Fisher mount but really like the stainless look and the taller mold board. I am talking about new plows. Has anyone done this?

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

You should be able to they are the same exact plow other than mount assemblies. Douglas dynamic owned both fisher & western so alot of the stuff is intercangeable

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Disregard my post, I misread yours. Still subscribing though b/c it's a great idea.

4. JTPlowDog

JTPlowDog Junior Member
    from N/A

Fisher does not make stainless steel wings, only powder coat yellow. Part #44610-1

5. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I am not talking about the 6'' inch wings. I am talking about the entire moldboard. I did however call and a stainless plow is $2500 so I won't be doing it this year.