1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stainless steel spreaders for sale, starting at $1500!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by grassmanvt, Oct 29, 2008.

1. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I have four stainless steel spreaders for sale. Updating the fleet and only really need 2 anyway. I have: a fisher long chute, starts and runs good, needs a spinner or new fins put on the spinner (had fallen off and I ran over it) engine either leaks or burns a little oil. I used a couple quarts through last winter, not a big deal, $1500 . Was washed and oiled for summer storage, should be ready, next, a buyers 8' short chute, worked absolutely perfect as of last use and was summerized right (cleaned oiled and greased) very nice shape $2500, next is a 1.5 year old airflow short chute, engine had seized, slightly loosened it up but plan on it needing an engine, descent shape otherwise, few small dents, overall not bad, $1500 bo, last is a 1 year old hinicker, starts runs and works great, no stories, greased and ready, hinged top screens, $2,500 has a quick removable pin on chute. All units come complete with in cab control box. Can load. Also have pictures to e-mail of desired unit.

2. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

any of these for a 6 foot bed

3. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

They are all 8' spreaders, I have run one in a 6.5 bed in a pinch but no, not really the way to go.