1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stainless steel mold board/night glare

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by welded wrenches, Nov 30, 2004.

1. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

Hi all.I recently custom fab-ed a stainlesss steel mold board on a myers.Its has a pretty decent shine.Are there any drawbacks in this stainless mold board?Nothing like a 7.5 foot reflecter.I have noticed that oncoming traffic after dark seems to slow down a bit.(the glare)Any info appreciated. newbie. welded wrenches.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Stainless, dang I am lucky to get regular steel welded on to it!
    I am sure some cop might have a problem with a shiny plow.
    How about some plow art? Like Support our troops? USA or Think Snow
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

That is the trade of with stainless. They usually use a brushed finish to minimize glare. If back side head gear headlight glare is a problem, you could paint the back of it flat black but I would prime it first with a good primer (zinc chromate) as regular paint does not bond well to stainless.