1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stainless Electric Saltdogg

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DaySpring Services, Feb 24, 2010.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'm going to need a V box next season. Definitely want to go with a electric unit to eliminate any problems with engines. I've been looking at the Saltdogg 1500 and 1400600SS. Is anyone using a Stainless spreader? I've also heard on some V Boxes (Western for example) that they dump salt under the unit and it needs to be taken out from time to time for clean up. Is this true with either Saltdogg unit?
  2. SNO-PRO

SNO-PRO Member

I can't speak for the saltdogg stainless v but any other chain conveyer V I have owned will leave salt under it. Have you looked at the Salt Dogg poly electric? I have some of these and they are great and they are a auger design and the salt is 100% contained will only come out the chute where it is suppose to.
  3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I have. The fact that salt is 100% contained is a huge selling factor to me. If the stainless leave salt underneath I will go with the poly.
  4. bucket

bucket Junior Member
    from midwest

i have the stainless model. it does leave some salt under the conveyor. not a big deal because i mounted it up on some 4x4s as suggested in the installation instructions. no need to remove the unit.